Monday, February 3, 2014

Beating the System: Should I Join a Political Party?

Today I was talking with a friend who recently joined the youth wing of a major political party. She knew that I was passionate about many causes too. Therefore, she encouraged me to join.

I don't know whether to take the advice or not, seriously.

There are branch meetings where you get to talk about issues. You get to meet like minded people. You get to debate things.

But then I don't see how I can change things through doing these things. And another thing you get to do include handing out information and how to vote material for candidates during each election, big and small. I really can't see how I can put my vision into practice by doing things like these.

I know it can be fun, but I just don't have extra time to do free work, really.

Maybe I should just start a political blog. It seems like a better use of my time anyway.

-Amanda J